Rich Ellis
Forum Replies Created
-
It can genuinely go in either mate depending on your movement selection on the other sessions
There’s not a right and wrong, it can sway benefit each way depending on how your movement selection looks
-
Rejigged the order a bit so put arms and Delt top up today
I’ll go back tomorrow. Heavier of my session with some pulls and heavy rows ??
Really excited to see how the new drop has gone. I’m not sure there will be much left if early indications are anything to go by! Very looking forward to getting my bits!
-
Hi mate
My personal view is that you should take a full week off training, let yourself get physically and mentally rested
In that time, absolutely iron out your maintenance calories. Once you know what number holds you stable, it’s so simple to manipulate up and down.
It’s one of the absolute best things you’ll do.
It can seem a pain to get it sorted, but honestly mate, it will make everything SO much easier thereafter
Thanks mate appreciate the help! ?? hopefully it sorts me out [/quote]
My pleasure mate. Let us know how you get on -
Hi mate
My personal view is that you should take a full week off training, let yourself get physically and mentally rested
In that time, absolutely iron out your maintenance calories. Once you know what number holds you stable, it’s so simple to manipulate up and down.
It’s one of the absolute best things you’ll do.
It can seem a pain to get it sorted, but honestly mate, it will make everything SO much easier thereafter
-
Leggggggsssssss
REALLY happy. Mostly because my knees are now improving at a rate of knots
Adductor
Seated curl
45deg leg press
Pivot leg pressThe heat near enough ended me, but it was a good feeling, and I’m genuinely buoyed tht im going to be able to let fly soon on the big boy weights
I’m just doing my prep for tomorrow, then last meal, then bed
Back session tomorrow which I am very game for!
-
Hi mate
Really good question, it’s not easy at all and is actually more of a flux than minimum adaptive volume, as it will be impacted by the progress you make (as you get stronger, overall fatigue will be higher)
For me, I think the signs are all of those that you would expect to see when you need to deload, but also, as a performance measure, consider that when your progress normally stalls, and you miss maybe two consecutive same sessions progressing, you might sun movements. Typically you wood see then a good period of progression on these new movements, yet at a point where you have reached MRV, that progress will be very short lived, and probably go not much further than the first repeat of each session
I hope that’s helpful mate
-
Hi mate
You say your food is going down well, and you’ve cited the number of meals that you consume, but have you increased calories throughout the day since your BW stopped climbing?
You say training isn’t going well, but is that actually that your sessions are not going well, or is everything being judged by physique progress rather than performance progress?
-
Rest day today guys and just about to close it down and sleep
Got a leg session to look forward to tomorrow, along with the browse ability on the website for the new clothing drop on Friday ??
-
It probably depends where you are in your training life, but for the most part, I would say that you will benefit from a couple of heavy free weight movements – hinge, shrug, row etc…
-
Hi mate
As Oscar says, the principles remain the same, but make sure you are in control of all of the variables tht will impact performance, recovery, and adaptation.
Keep a careful and objective eye on your recovery, programme intelligently, follow the principles, and you will do great
-
Arms and delts top up
Had a rest day yesterday but a very long day working. Similarly long day today, but with a session.
I’m resting again tomorrow before going in with legs on Thursday
On the countdown until longer sessions are available, and with that I’ll have a change in training structure – something I’m working on at the moment
Last meal in and cooking, then bed
-
I almost exclusively use the vanilla mate as it’s so versatile to mix with other ingredients (fruit, whey, honey, jam etc….)
-
Get/make a wedge and then see how low you can have your feet through a full range of motion, without compromising the quality of your reps.
It will just take a bit if playing around and some honest assessment from yourself
Once you have the set up right, you can progress!
-
Are you doing all 5 on the bounce mate?
-
Push today, rest tomorrow
Decent session, no real shoulder trouble which is always my biggest win on a push session
Getting fed-up of the time constraints now, but only a few weeks away, and I’m hoping the lower volume will serve me well when I can expand on it
Today went 4 work sets each of
Machine shoulder press
Machine flat press
Machine narrow pressHangs
One more meal to go tonight, food prep done.
Everyone keep an eye for the clothing drop – there’s a sale to go with it!!