Forum Replies Created

Page 277 of 399
  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 8, 2021 at 5:42 pm in reply to: Best flavour JP COR?

    I almost exclusively use the vanilla mate as it’s so versatile to mix with other ingredients (fruit, whey, honey, jam etc….)

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 8, 2021 at 5:30 pm in reply to: Foot position on hack squats

    Get/make a wedge and then see how low you can have your feet through a full range of motion, without compromising the quality of your reps.

    It will just take a bit if playing around and some honest assessment from yourself

    Once you have the set up right, you can progress!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 8, 2021 at 5:26 pm in reply to: Signs of under recovering?

    Are you doing all 5 on the bounce mate?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 6, 2021 at 6:31 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Push today, rest tomorrow

    Decent session, no real shoulder trouble which is always my biggest win on a push session

    Getting fed-up of the time constraints now, but only a few weeks away, and I’m hoping the lower volume will serve me well when I can expand on it

    Today went 4 work sets each of

    Machine shoulder press
    Machine flat press
    Machine narrow press

    Hangs

    One more meal to go tonight, food prep done.

    Everyone keep an eye for the clothing drop – there’s a sale to go with it!!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 6, 2021 at 6:25 pm in reply to: Fan

    Hi mate

    In my experience the portable air con units are significantly more effective at cooling the room.

    A fan will agitate the air, but it won’t cool the room in the same way an air con unit will

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 6, 2021 at 6:22 pm in reply to: Lower back hack squat

    Could well be hip or ankle mobility mate, or it could be an overcompensation.

    Does it happen with your warm-up and your working sets?

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 5, 2021 at 6:17 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    I trained legs today, and fortunately the air con was in good shape in the gym!!

    It’s overly well rehearsed that I’m struggling with time for the leg sessions, so was quick tempo today, but worked hard, and all the time my knees are feeling that bit better

    Adductor
    Seated leg curl
    Split stance leg press
    Leg extensions

    I will push tomorrow and then rest on Monday.

    Hoping to get a bit of down time this evening – it’s been a long week!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 5, 2021 at 4:42 pm in reply to: Oats vs cream of rice

    Absolutely with the gang. Look at the nutritional panel of each, and apply appropriately depending on the need from your meal

    That said @Hilly makes a very important point, if one doesn’t sit well with you, don’t force it.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 4, 2021 at 9:40 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Back. Day!!

    Really good session today, benefited from the rest day yesterday, and was really ready to get stuck in.

    Session went…..

    Rear delt machine (1 muscle round, 1 rest pause)

    Assisted pull-up (3 straight sets)

    Overhand low pulley row (3 straight sets)

    SA Chest supported row (2 straight sets)

    Legs tomorrow, one meal to drop, and then bed.

    Oh, and a token lat spread

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 4, 2021 at 8:30 pm in reply to: Warm up sets

    Hi mate

    Just to add for your specific example, and particularly if this is your first movement, I’d suggest 60kg is too high a start point.

    It seems a universal first set whether people bench press 100 or 300kg!

    For me, I would do this

    40 x 8

    60 x 5

    70 x 2-3

    80 x 1-2

    90 x work

    Time interval, I’d probably go 2mins between the first two sets, then 3 mins thereafter

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 3, 2021 at 9:16 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Annoyingly I’ve had to rest today. Work just went on forever and a day, but it’s ok, I’ll just switch the days around and get in for back tomorrow

    Just about to feed and finish food prep, then I’m getting to bed. This heat is exhausting!

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 3, 2021 at 8:37 pm in reply to: Good prices or RIP off …

    Hi mate

    The market is obviously in a different place at the moment, and as a result, I would encourage you to look at a few different providers so that you arrive at a point where you understand what the going rate is.

    Ultimately though, whatever something is worth to you is a price worth paying

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 2, 2021 at 9:58 pm in reply to: The Rebuild

    Arms and Delt top up

    Everything was two straight sets followed by a rest pause set, with the exception of DB laterals, which was two straight sets, a rest pause set, and a muscle round

    Machine curl
    DB Curl

    DB Laterals

    X-over extensions
    Overhead extensions

    A good session, felt everything nicely where I should and wasn’t pushed for time!

    Back session tomorrow which will be a different story, it’s always a pain to fit it all in in the time slot, but I’m ready to go after it.

    Just sunk my last meal and looking forward to a good sleep.

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 2, 2021 at 8:22 pm in reply to: Eat big to get big

    I think the guys have covered it well. When you are big, you will need to eat a lot of food to be bigger.

    The important thing though, as touched on, is that “big” is relative.

    You need to eat to put yourself in an energy surplus. You don’t have to eat 2,000kcals over maintenance just because that’s what someone you want to be as big as is eating now.

    Eat for your own steady growth

  • Rich Ellis

    Member
    June 2, 2021 at 8:18 pm in reply to: Lower lats

    Agreed with the guys. Make the arc that your elbow follows as long as possible

Page 277 of 399