Forum Replies Created

Page 430 of 1276
  • Hilly

    Member
    April 15, 2023 at 7:55 pm in reply to: How to properly transfer from cutting phase to a growth phase.

    3 to 500 kcal a week until maintenance and work from there. Steps wise decrease by 5k then 10 over a few weeks

    agree with this.

    if i am at 1500kcal and 20k stteps my first move is likely 2000kcal and 15k steps. – for a few days and gauge response unless as Kuba states in show condition and can be more aggressive

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 15, 2023 at 7:54 pm in reply to: No time for a meal but want to use insulin pre?

    If this is your first time using I would not be recommending this.

    I would be opting for post workout use with a shake – protein and fast carbs.

    As you will be waking depleted and going into the workout the chances of hypo during the workout will be much greater IME

    Cheers Peter, how soon from finishing your workout would you have the shot of insulin and would you have a meal quite soon after the initial shake also? [/quote]

    [/quote]

    Just re-listened to your voice note I think I misunderstood so I’ve deleted my initial reply,

    So you would still recommend eating pre gym something easy like Sas has suggested, followed by intra carbs and the post workout shake, but the only difference you would do is have the shot of insulin post not pre?

    If I’m having it pre do I have to be worried about my meal after the post workout meal or would I be covered by the post workout shake and meal?

    If you were adding Lantus & GH to this at what point would you do these GH upon wake and Lantus with M1 after the PWO shake? [/quote]

    [/quote]

    Thanks for the reply, I’m working my way through Vigorous Steve’s insulin guide to educate myself and I know in layman’s terms the purpose of using Insulin it’s just he doesn’t touch on using insulin in the scenario I was planning on but you have really helped. I’m not planning on using it until my next push in 4 weeks, so I’ll have plenty of time to learn all about it, thank you again for your help! [/quote]

    my pleasure bud [/quote]

    Hey Peter,

    I hope you don’t mind but I thought I’d reply back on here rather than start a new thread for the same topic!

    So for my pre, intra & post workout shake I was planning on using HBCD carbs, but after doing some reading I was wondering if Dextrose carbs would be better suited for post workout with my shot of insulin?

    Which type of carb would you recommend for the pre shake? (around 15 mins before training) cheers![/quote]

    In truth what ever digests best and is within your budget.

    For me I find dextrose very sweet and it hits my BG hard

    malto seems to knock my digestion

    To much cyclic dextrin also knocks my digestion.

    So I personally dont favour a pre shake.

    i will have a TBJP COR meal around 90 minutes pre and then hit my slin 15 minutes pre workout -I then have a shake that consists of 50-75g cyclic dextrin I sip throughout the workout – this is fine for me in terms of digestion and covers the insulin.

    I will then either use rice based cereal or rice flakes or more COR PWO and again this covers me fine

    When needing more carbs I actually tend to use sweets like dolly mixture pre or post – these digest super quick, taste nice and cause me no issues but this is only when carbs are very high [/quote]

    Thanks mate, I’ll give your set up a go and combine the pre & intra shake, so I’m not setting off to the gym with 3 shakers! When its necessary to use Nova post workout, is there a benefit to using it straight after finishing training with a protein & carb shake or will you get the same effect driving home, eating and using insulin with that meal around 25 mins after you finished the workout? [/quote]
    again depends what you are trying to do and what you have done before.

    Arguably if you have hit a fast slin shot pre workout and your workout lasts 90 minutes then your still getting the effects from the pre gym one so waiting till you get home to have it may make more sense.

    if you have your pre slin 30 minutes before and train for 2 hours plus and the drive home is long then you may want to have it in the gym.

    Personally for me I feel if one is taking it pre workout then there is no rush to have the PWO dose in the gym so no overlap – that is my train of thought/theory.

    However some one like Milos who is without argument the man to bring this sort of thing to BB and perfect it with all the results to prove he will have you dosing with the pre shake and post shake I believe from stuff I have seen.

    It again comes down to what do you think makes sense, what you try and works best for you and your own situation.

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 15, 2023 at 7:50 pm in reply to: Hilly’s Guide to Eating With IBS

    Sat – Weight 205.25lb – Still not dropping down but defo getting dryer/harder so no issues.

    High day today but a reduced high day. Looked liked this.

    Meal 1 – 300g egg whites, 120g TBJP COR
    Meal 2 – pre gym – 150g carbs from muffins and TBJP vegan protein – I have been having a 300g carb meal here so this was reduced but the muffins even tho free from were a bad move and gave me very bad gas all afternoon – so no more.
    Meal 3 – PWO – TBJP vegan protein and 125g COR with 100g banana and 20g jam
    Meal 4 – 125g cooked fish and 300g cooked jasmine rice
    Meal 5 – 125g cooked chicken, 200g cooked jasmine rice and 1 free from flat bread – its charl birthday so we got a take away and this fit nicely –
    meal 6 – 125g cooked chicken and 300g cooked jasmine rice.

    Hunger has been very high
    Been kicking water out hard all day.

    Trained back with 2 clients – had much more energy than last weeks session with it being a high day and strength was decent.

    All hard heavy work sets listed

    Atlantis pull down – x 8, x 8F with 2 drop sets
    seated lat focus row – x 6, x 6, x 8F –
    1 arm dead stop row – x 8, x 8, x 8F
    Chest supported upper back row – x 12, x 12, x9F
    neutral grip pull down – x 15, x 14F
    V grip cable row – x 14, x 12F

    So overall volume a little lower and rep range is also lower – this is to save energy during the workout as well as allow me to keep the load a little heavier

    posing after

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 9:35 pm in reply to: Time efficiency and rest pause

    Sorry I think I worked that wrong.

    What I was meaning is – there are people that do it – DC training and thus it does work -its just not something I would favour – when I did it with Scott everything wasn’t a rest pause set even tho he was the only official DC trainer at the time.

    You have 5 exercises in a workout – 10 minutes test plus the work sets – surely these are not taking longer than 90 minutes? How long do you have?

    is it a time issue?

    Again going back to what I said about what Jordan keeps saying.

    why do you feel you need 2 sets initially? Why do you feel you need 2 failure points initially – if your putting that much into your sets you need 5 minutes to recover then maybe thats a sign your doing enough with the 1 set?

    Why not start with 1 set for each exercise – make noted and monitor progress

    then do a phase were you try 2 sets

    Then drop back to 1 set

    then try the rest pause sets

    Drop back

    make notes -see what works best, did both work well and you have created a system for yourself? Did you enjoy 1 more than the other and thus prefer that approach ?

    Or as in your other thread you could just follow Jordans workout as he laid it out – he is a master as this stuff in reality so to want to follow what he does but then change it makes little sense to me if im honest.

    the same as referencing Dc training yet wanting to then change the way the rest pause is.

    My main question would be – why are you not wanting to do the systems that are proven to work and designed by 2 of the most knowledgable people on training within BB on the planet potentially – both with proven results in there own physiques and many many clients ?

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 9:25 pm in reply to: Hilly’s Guide to Eating With IBS

    Post workout snaps

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 9:03 pm in reply to: Test lowered by 300ng/dl

    How hard did you cut food during this phase? Did you drastically lower fats?

    did you take the blood at the same time of day etc as there can be fluctuations I believe? Were you any more stressed or run down etc?

    Im just trying to think of any external factors?

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 9:02 pm in reply to: ALT >350 during health phase

    TBH this doesnt make any sense to me,

    Your ALT went from 93 ons arms to 350 off them.

    When did you check it on the arms – mid cycle? End of cycle?

    Could possibly be stress built up over time and ALT kept trending up during the cycle maybe?

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 9:00 pm in reply to: Time efficiency and rest pause

    As an additonal common sense thought.

    Do you know of many people who are huge, carrying lots of muscle that contribute doing workouts of only rest pauses sets to the muscle they have?

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 8:59 pm in reply to: Time efficiency and rest pause

    So it is possible to do some rest pauses within the workout but I would not want to be doing all sets as rest pauses.

    Are you also saying that the majority of your sets you need 5 minutes to recover from? Or just main compound lifts?

    As for most 5 minutes seems a long time for sets

    Thanks, well I’ll digress:

    With the exception of curls and calf raises all the exercises i perform are “big compounds” even though i understands that a SLDL is more fatiguing than a bench Press.

    I don’t know if It Is my work capacity or something else, however i USUALLY need 4-5 minutes to feel ready to hit my back off sets, After my top set…

    Another question is why would you avoid rest pausing every set, don’t you still have 2 failure points and a comparable number of “effective reps”?… Also, it’s Just two failure points, while DC training was 3 failure points + 1 Extreme Stretch set… However I understand that DC training was for advanced people.

    Of course I’m Just genuinely curios. Thanks in advance[/quote]
    it simply comes down to person opinion.

    have you actually tried the rest pause sets.

    Having worked with Scott Stevenson doing both DC training and his own stuff and using alot of rest pause sets I would not like to do a workout with all rest pause work.

    I dont think it would be as effective. I dont feel you get the same stimulation/effort out of the second set in the rest pause as you would an additional back off set.

    I also feel it would take more of a toll on my joints/tendons having done alot of rest pause work.

    I simply would not enjoy it either.

    This comes down to what Jordan keeps saying – if you want to try it then try it, make notes and see how it goes.

    i would be interest in how you found it for sure

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Peak week injections

    The simplest answer is if you look fantastic then dont change a dam thing in terms of cutting test out etc.

    Then its more to do with how well are the jabs sitting and how much risk do you want to take on the off chance you get a lump

    For me I see no reason to inject within 5 days of the show and in realty not jabbing for that last week would likely be fine.

    obviously the way our brain works in this game we want to be taking things as close as we can.

    I usually tell clients no more jabs from tuesday for shows that weekend – but this is person depending on how they are sitting etc and if they have had any lumps then we may stop 7 days.

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 8:50 pm in reply to: P5P & Prolactin

    Do you have any sides/issues from the high prolactin? As it is barely over range so if not I would not worry at all personally

    Yeah I’ve got some gyno starting to flare up, that’s why I originally had the blood test done to see what was going on. [/quote]
    what is current body composition like ?

    What is your dosing schedule like? By adjusting this you may be able to help bring it down on top of using the P5p

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 8:49 pm in reply to: No time for a meal but want to use insulin pre?

    If this is your first time using I would not be recommending this.

    I would be opting for post workout use with a shake – protein and fast carbs.

    As you will be waking depleted and going into the workout the chances of hypo during the workout will be much greater IME

    Cheers Peter, how soon from finishing your workout would you have the shot of insulin and would you have a meal quite soon after the initial shake also? [/quote]

    [/quote]

    Just re-listened to your voice note I think I misunderstood so I’ve deleted my initial reply,

    So you would still recommend eating pre gym something easy like Sas has suggested, followed by intra carbs and the post workout shake, but the only difference you would do is have the shot of insulin post not pre?

    If I’m having it pre do I have to be worried about my meal after the post workout meal or would I be covered by the post workout shake and meal?

    If you were adding Lantus & GH to this at what point would you do these GH upon wake and Lantus with M1 after the PWO shake? [/quote]

    [/quote]

    Thanks for the reply, I’m working my way through Vigorous Steve’s insulin guide to educate myself and I know in layman’s terms the purpose of using Insulin it’s just he doesn’t touch on using insulin in the scenario I was planning on but you have really helped. I’m not planning on using it until my next push in 4 weeks, so I’ll have plenty of time to learn all about it, thank you again for your help! [/quote]

    my pleasure bud [/quote]

    Hey Peter,

    I hope you don’t mind but I thought I’d reply back on here rather than start a new thread for the same topic!

    So for my pre, intra & post workout shake I was planning on using HBCD carbs, but after doing some reading I was wondering if Dextrose carbs would be better suited for post workout with my shot of insulin?

    Which type of carb would you recommend for the pre shake? (around 15 mins before training) cheers![/quote]
    In truth what ever digests best and is within your budget.

    For me I find dextrose very sweet and it hits my BG hard
    malto seems to knock my digestion
    To much cyclic dextrin also knocks my digestion.

    So I personally dont favour a pre shake.

    i will have a TBJP COR meal around 90 minutes pre and then hit my slin 15 minutes pre workout -I then have a shake that consists of 50-75g cyclic dextrin I sip throughout the workout – this is fine for me in terms of digestion and covers the insulin.

    I will then either use rice based cereal or rice flakes or more COR PWO and again this covers me fine

    When needing more carbs I actually tend to use sweets like dolly mixture pre or post – these digest super quick, taste nice and cause me no issues but this is only when carbs are very high

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 8:45 pm in reply to: Hilly’s Guide to Eating With IBS

    Friday – Training day – weight 205.5lb – held again – so no high day ouch ha.

    This afternoon has been the worse I have felt all prep – my brain just seemed to run slow and everything felt hard work.

    sleep again wasn’t great with Arilena being up 3 times

    I was then up working from 4:30-5am until 1:30 – I felt totally fine here and usually always do which is why I lay my work day out as I do.

    I trained at the closer gym to me today as I sometimes do as its just chest/additonal shoulders and Aj wanted PWO pics so I wanted to keep these in the same location so he has the most accurate info.

    Training – this was not a fun session at all – going to UF would of been better TBH as the environment picks me up more but the posing room is not great and wouldnt give the best feedback for Aj.

    Pec dec – slow negative and pause in contraction – x 10, x 10, x 10F, x 8F
    Incline machine press – x 12, x 10, x 10, x 8F
    Seated chest press – x 8, x 8, x 8, x 6F, x 13F –
    Dip machine – x 15, x 15, x 13F

    1 arm side laterals on cable – x 12, x 12, x 11F with a drop
    Seated Db laterals – 3 x 12-15 reps
    Pump was actually really good – just mood and energy sucked – I was then like a zombie for the following hour or 2

    Pics to follow

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 8:41 pm in reply to: Hilly’s Guide to Eating With IBS

    Hey Peter , can you share your current cycle ? i see you are on high protein diet 4+ / kg body weight. Whats your feedback for high protein in prep , do you feel any difference.

    hey Tarik – i have been eating this much protein throughout off season and prep.

    I do feel it has allowed me to keep overall kcal higher while getting leaner

    cycle

    Test – 500mg

    Mast – 500mg

    Tren – 500mg

    Winny 50mg

    proviron 50mg

    Adex – 0.5mg daily now

    Var – 50mg pre workout

    GH – 5iu T days and 4iu rest days

    T4 – 100mcg[/quote]
    hi hiilly are you using slow esters this prep or fast? will you be switching the compounds to faster? if your using slow
    [/quote]
    So i was using a mix of fast and slow – we have now switched to all fast which i never normally do and am not a fan of but we shall see – it means much more oil and it has more of a bite it seems lol

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

  • Hilly

    Member
    April 14, 2023 at 8:45 am in reply to: Hilly’s Guide to Eating With IBS

    Today

    Instagram name - Hillydoc. Www.physique-enhancement.co.uk | tb-jp.com/collections/clothing - The most anabolic clothing ever! |
    tb-jp.com/collections/nutrition
    - highest quality supplements on the market.

Page 430 of 1276