Forum Replies Created

Page 185 of 375
  • Meg

    Member
    October 18, 2022 at 5:07 am in reply to: Advice for offseason. Stageshots included

    I’d probably go
    Push
    Pull (bicep work here) – with glutes / hams (full peosterior /density day)
    Off
    Chest, shoudlers, triceps
    Legs + bicep top up
    Off
    Repeat

    Better for recovery –

    Yes you need more arms as the do lag but your posing also needs work (it’s not all just about a vacuum in classic – as your waist isn’t the smallest perhaps seeing how this push goes and deciding on ether bodybuilding is a better shout but the coach / those in your corner should tell you.

    But you need mass everywhere! – which is what the split above will do for you

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 18, 2022 at 5:01 am in reply to: Mini cut structure

    Hey Jason

    I do like an aggressive minicut during an offseason especially if someone is assisted to get in and out quick and to also get body comp where it needs to be and hunger back

    I probably would start with dropping to the 3.8-4K mark and aims to keep parkour perimeter foods in a good high spot.

    If you need to test you adherence in a diet spot a longer slower approach would be best!

    Keep us posted

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 18, 2022 at 4:58 am in reply to: The Evolution

    Sorry for the lack of update yesterday

    Around my work I was sleeping – just can’t seem to kick it right now

    2 day on antibiotics and don’t feel to be feeling any better – I need to do my work this morning but the doc said if no improvements in pain that I needed to go in and have the op.

    I’ll see how I feel post my work today

    Hopefully wilbe back with ja pack fun filled offseason updates and training soon – sorry to you all

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 16, 2022 at 6:10 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hope you’ve all had a great Sunday

    Back home for me – still in lots of pain hoping the pain killers + antibiotics sort me otherwise it looks like a trip back to the hospital for me

    Managed to eat all foods but actually been a little sick also today – my body is pretty fucked I’m trying not to get upset about it but for someone who loves what they do it’s really upsetting

    I really feel for you Meg. Stay strong and positive – you’ll get through this! ❤️‍🩹 [/quote]
    Thank you x

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 16, 2022 at 5:24 pm in reply to: 2 leg press instead of squats

    Yes I agree when Rich there is no need to do a squat to grow your legs is the machines or movement isn’t right for you

    If it is a good movement for you could you do normal BB squats? Only if it works well for you

    Otherwise more leg press sets will be ideal

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 16, 2022 at 5:22 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hope you’ve all had a great Sunday

    Back home for me – still in lots of pain hoping the pain killers + antibiotics sort me otherwise it looks like a trip back to the hospital for me

    Managed to eat all foods but actually been a little sick also today – my body is pretty fucked I’m trying not to get upset about it but for someone who loves what they do it’s really upsetting

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 15, 2022 at 5:44 pm in reply to: Intra workout carb source that contains EAA

    I agree with Rich

    Have the MPS + Sustain seperate to have your protein serving half way between pre and post – carbs you can sip on throughout your workout

    My favourite being MPS watermelon and Sustain Pina Colada

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 15, 2022 at 5:41 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Happy Saturday

    Hope you’re all ok

    I got let out from hospital today – I was offered to stay and have antibiotics through an IV or to take them at home – I wanted to be home to be able to relax properly so I wanted to come home

    My infection rate is too high to operate currently but after 2 days if my pain doesn’t reduce I will have to go back and have everything done – I wish they’d just done everything so I can recover now. I’m struggling to eat anything without pain and sleep too I’m hoping the medicine helps I have all my fingers crossed

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 14, 2022 at 7:34 am in reply to: HIIT Cardio

    I think HITT is a great way to keep on top of health markers – Kuba implements it with myself, him and his clients and I do with mine – mostly in the offseason when recovery allows

    I personally don’t think it needs to be much past 15 mins in total for what it’s for – especially if you don’t want it to affect your training or ability to gain

    I’d not do it pre a leg day but any other rest day is good to go

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 14, 2022 at 7:24 am in reply to: The Evolution

    Morning All
    So a little update on me – my tummy hasn’t felt very good since just post America – suffered with quite low energy obviously I just put it down to prep.

    Since prep had a pain in my stomach worsen lethargy get a lot worse – I still continued to train and eat as normal as i thought each day oh it’ll just be better tomorrow.

    I woke early yesterday morning around 12pm and Kuba had to take me to a and e – I’d been to the docs earlier on in the day who told me I urgently needed to go to the hospital but I thought she was just being pedantic – apparently not

    I appreciate Kuba making my meals and being the best most loving person the past few days

    I have appendicitis – I have some further scans today to decide what they are going to do. But IV up with pain relief, glucose, antibiotics and I do feel a little better

    Kubas also brought me my meals – as to me my goals are everything and I love the food we both make so – a waitress service as the ladies on ward say haha!

    I honestly just can’t wait to get home

    I appreciate all the lovely messages from people who truly care – as Kuba had added a story to his Instagram, I try to keep my personal things away from there a little. But made sure my clients have had replies and support as needed even in this time as that service element to me is so important

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 13, 2022 at 3:34 pm in reply to: Training after meal 1

    Instead of having such a densely pack pre we don’t you put some of the additions carbs somewhere else in the day – I can’t imagine ploughing through 350g of it!

    Rice could be an option or having the cream of rice with honey, banana etc? To get carbs from those that are little easier to eat rather than it just coming from cor

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 13, 2022 at 9:25 am in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey All

    Pull day yesterday was really great – managed to hit some real good new reps on movements and felt a little more settled with new movements

    Hoping and looking forward to developing things over the next few weeks and months

    ❤️

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 12, 2022 at 10:06 am in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Happy mid week!

    A busy AM today and tomorrow with check ins but all done nice and early.

    Ahead of some studying, meal prep and then preparing for the gym

    Today is pull day – I definitely have a lot more fire than the last time I did this session so I’m excited to get stuck into it ❤️

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 11, 2022 at 5:17 pm in reply to: Classic physique – Good idea?

    I think you have a lovely frame and structure for the class – if your body weight when you come down sits nicely in the cap too I do think it would be a good class for you

    Finding a great split for you to keep the weak points progressing and the rest of you still coming up will have you looking epic for a show

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey All

    So yesterday we did see a good increase

    An extra 50g of carbs into my 2 days of extra potatoes in meal 2 on a training day and some additional COR into my oats for the last meal – plus extra sourdough to my meal 2 on a rest day.

    Had a wicked day! Training just felt EPIC!

    I am happy with the little progressions and with how I’ve felt today
    I’m struggling with some bloating the last day – I think where it is it’s my cycle coming back into play so happy with that!

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

Page 185 of 375