Forum Replies Created

Page 195 of 376
  • Meg

    Member
    August 15, 2022 at 5:33 pm in reply to: Should I go back to basics with my split

    Hey!

    Hope you’re well.

    Obviously you’re super new to training which means you should still be getting a really nice push from training, eating and your day to day structure

    Have you seen good progress from this?

    When I have a new starter to training I do tend to go upper lower – but once they start to progress with their application and intensity I tend to move a PPL or a deviation of that or at least something that fits their day to day schedule as PPL doesn’t fit for all.

    Personally i wouldn’t train 3 days in a row I’d aim to do 2 max in a row before a rest so a upper lower or PPL may work well for you.

    If you aren’t seeing good progress – how is your excecution, how is your intensity, how is your volume allocated off the first 2 questions?

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 15, 2022 at 5:26 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Hope you’ve all had a good Monday –

    Push day in the gym today which went as follows :
    Prime single side laterals x 3
    Atlantis press x 2
    Gym shop press x 2
    Flat press x 2
    Cable single side lat x 2
    EZ tricep extension x 2

    A good strong day in the office very happy with performance today 🙂 x

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 14, 2022 at 5:56 pm in reply to: Bulking whilst living in a hotel advice

    Clare does nail this – I have a couple of clients who work off shore and some who work away –

    Plug in cool boxes are the way forward for your meal prep

    Some also take mini rice cookers and George foreman’s so that they aren’t limited to what they can have

    Some find local or nationwide food prep companies

    Most foods you’ll need to store so the plug in cool box or mini fridge is a must and with all the above you can literally make any meals

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 14, 2022 at 5:52 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Rest day for me – normal routine – work, pose, walk, back to work

    Had the last couple of my clients who came to see me for an in person check in ahead of the September shows – how exciting time to get the head down and crack on for them now!

    Rest day ready for push tomorrow – ready for a strong session 🤟🏽

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 13, 2022 at 6:16 pm in reply to: Post covid training

    I think it’s all super person dependant as to how you are –

    If you feel awful and heavy headed I’d take a few rest days – then I’d do a 3 session devolume and see how you feel post that

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 13, 2022 at 6:14 pm in reply to: Ice bath

    I agree with Jordan for sure – Andrews podcast covers everything you need to know

    When I used to dive we didn’t have a fancy tin we just used a wheely bin, cold water and ice and did the same job

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 13, 2022 at 6:03 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Hope you’re good

    So yesterday was a rest day – I am doing quite a few client check ins over this weekend at the 3/4 week out mark before we all head into the final few weeks – it’s always great to see them, couldn’t be prouder of how they’ve all committed to prep especially given most of them it’s been their first time

    Then today was in for legs – super warm so was glad to see it a little less busy at the gym today.
    We’ve taken squat out as I was getting all a little wobbly coming down and we didn’t want to risk getting injured so more sets on the leg press meaning similar sets done just on less equipment so less warm up sets all round – was beat post it but was a really really strong day!

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 12, 2022 at 10:26 am in reply to: Cardio in The evening

    If that’s how it fits for your schedule then you most definitely can – either post workout or before your last meal.

    I think it’s super important in a diet phase to make sure your sleep is as good as possible- going to bed after cardio will probably have you finding it hard to switch off so make sure you have some downtime or a meal to chill before you head off to sleep

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 12, 2022 at 10:22 am in reply to: The Evolution

    Morning All

    Food drop is here from Kuba – buzzing LFFFGGGGG

    Body comp has gotten sharper this week even though weight has held a little, but very normal when I add in assistance. Excited to see how condition will pull through the next couple of weeks with this drop off in cals.

    All weights are raw uncooked

    M1 –
    1 whole egg 4 egg whites
    100g veggies

    M2
    100g chicken
    100g pots
    100g greens

    M3 pre
    100g chicken 50g avo / steak
    100g rice
    100g pineapple

    Intra
    20g eaa
    20g cyclic dextrose

    M4 post
    100g cor 30g whey iso 100g berries

    M5
    100g chicken
    50g rice
    100g spinach
    75g peppers 25g mushrooms

    M6
    30g whey
    50g cor
    10 g nut butter
    100g berries

    Rest day

    M1
    100g steak
    100g spinach
    75g peppers
    75g mushrooms

    M2
    100g chicken
    100g veggies
    75g peppers 75 g mushrooms

    M3
    30g iso
    50g oat mix
    150 berries

    M4
    120g prawn or 100g chicken
    100g green beans
    50g mushroom 50g peppers

    M5
    100g chicken 50g rice
    100g peppers 50 mushrooms

    M6
    30g iso
    20 g almond butter
    75g cor 100g berries

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 11, 2022 at 6:43 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Happy Thursday All

    A normal work day and my new lecture was rolled out so I spent the late part of the morning watching that before training

    Pull day today – all my numbers still held and a couple progressed a little so that I am really happy with that.

    There isn’t too much to update in the way of prep – in a phase of driving for some condition again now, excited to see how the changes will come with the addition of a assistance at the weekend too – maybe won’t look like too much of a smol fry 😂

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 11, 2022 at 11:42 am in reply to: Calories in a surplus

    If progress is coming on well I don’t see the need to push harder – if you start to see a plateau in progress and body composition is still sensible then you can push more. This way you can build up over time

    The more densely muscled you get in the future the more food you’ll be able to build up over time too.

    I also think the better your application and intensity gets in training the more demand you’ll have for food too – nail the basics first before over thinking or comparing to anyone else

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 10, 2022 at 5:15 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Push Day – was a really strong session so happy with that – feel a little less firey on back
    Offs and towards the end of the session but no time to be a pussy

    Checking in daily with Kuba at the moment – weight had dropped nice post the delaod week and saw a little increase today, things will probably be pushed a little harder this week that i can’t wait for it to be honest x

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 9, 2022 at 6:22 pm in reply to: Class

    I agree with Clare if you can do both do it – that puts you alongside others that are newer to BB and those of the same height. You can then review it and see what you need to do moving forwards

    I hope you’ve enjoyed your first prep and look to do more in the future

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 9, 2022 at 6:20 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Happy Tuesday all

    Rest day here

    A nice recovery day with the sauna, Epsom salt bath and massage – which was absolutely incredible

    Lots of work done, dogs walked, house jobs done

    Ready for push tomorrow with Katie

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    August 8, 2022 at 6:25 pm in reply to: Terrible appetite and getting new tattoos

    I’ve always trained the same day or the day after a tattoo never had any run on my tattoos and it’s a little niggly but you just crack on.

    Off-season wise maybe you need a reset of your fatigue build? I find when I need a deload my appetite and digestion go to shit – maybe it’s that?

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

Page 195 of 376