Forum Replies Created

Page 198 of 376
  • Meg

    Member
    July 28, 2022 at 6:54 pm in reply to: Bagels vs Cream of rice.

    It really does depend on your body – i find it’s more if I volumise COR that I get bloat from it not so much if there is a heftier amount of the COR. Both sit nice for me so could always allow for both during your day for some variety

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 28, 2022 at 6:51 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Happy Thursday

    Rest day here today – work, lecture + walking the dogs this morning.

    I like to have a nice productive morning on a rest day with extra work or studies to allow for training time on training days.

    The me and kuba headed to a spa near to us this afternoon for a couple of hours as it’s his birthday tomorrow!

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 27, 2022 at 6:53 pm in reply to: Healthy non-highly processed replacement for rice

    Riz gives all some great examples, my favourite go tos are:

    Potatoes
    Gluten free gnocchi
    Gluten free pasta
    (Prefer the riced based options as they are t as heavy as the originals)
    English muffins (ezikel if you can get
    Cream of rice

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 27, 2022 at 6:50 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey guys

    Happy Wednesday

    A lovely day – this morning was definitely one of my favourite looks of prep, starting to see lots of new details pulling through – pretty dry but holding onto some nice fullness still. Kuba is happy no changes and we push on.

    A good session at the gym we moved hamstrings back to Rotherham as we’d rather not travel now on prep as it’s nicer to just do the 10 mins journey, all lifts either holding or progressing so good day and good week so far. Ready for a rest day tomorrow of not doing much

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 26, 2022 at 5:51 pm in reply to: New job

    I was going to suggest a one on one off – the day you only have a half day off for cross over to the next shift NEEDS to be a rest day even if it’s an additional rest day so that you’re not burning the candles at both ends

    See how that works and if you feel you can do make trail the 2 on 1 off

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 26, 2022 at 5:48 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey All

    Hope you’ve all had a great day – rest day for me today.

    Lots of work done today and some calls with some clients to sort out there worry’s and questions they had about show day.

    I’m actually feeling super good today, very much ready for my bed though haha

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 25, 2022 at 6:32 pm in reply to: Struggling to cut

    I agree with Hilly on the meat opinion but also very understanding that ethically that’s your choice and you can still make good progress, you can still get lean. The place I’ve found the best quality meat free options are from the meat free company the macros are actually not too bad at all.

    When it comes to the dieting thing you need to unattach your emotions for a second from the look as to take your physique to the next level you’ll need to get lean, sitting with high body fat you’ll be super unproductive and super unfit both things that aren’t good for performance which is where you’ll make the progress happen (alongside solid clean eating in a push or cut) so you’re going to have to do it and
    get into a cut to be able to get out and get back to growing it might be mentally tough seeing body weight come down and not looking how you want to but that’s the process of bodybuilding strip back to step forward

    I also agree with JP on the approach you need to take with regards to the cut with not being aggressive

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 25, 2022 at 6:27 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Happy New Week to All 🙂

    Today was a normal Monday work, training, dog walking, food prepping.

    My session was great today – all weights progressed a little today and matching or very near to last sessions reps.

    Todays session was pull which was:

    Single arm machine pull down
    Upper back focus pin stack row
    Upper back pull down
    Mid back shrug
    Seated lat row
    EZ curl
    Glute kicks

    Solid session – happy days.

    Not long till the big show – will update with check in pics when there is something significantly different to show from the last 🤟🏽

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 24, 2022 at 6:45 pm in reply to: TRT training

    Like Kuba says you will see a change in your recovery capabilities.

    I wouldn’t personally do that (the intensifiers, forced reps, aided reps) id focus on doing your actual sets and continuing to get strong with them. They are a little more specific and will keep you from battering yourself too much that you’d have to rest too frequent. Training smart!

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 24, 2022 at 6:41 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Happy Friday 🙂 hope you’ve all had a great week

    A good week here and a big weight drop this morning, my weight isn’t a million miles away from where we predict show weight will be, we will run a little few days of higher foods as condition pulls through a little more, this way we can really be on top and in control of the condition.

    I loved my condition back in 2020 for both shows, obviously I really didn’t have enough muscle mass at all then but condition was something I was really proud of. We were ready early and able to manipulate things and feel really great on show day. This year Kubas planned things super well and I’m just excecuting as needed and I’m really looking forward to being really really lean but with my added tissue. It’ll be a look that I will be proud of for sure – that’s all we can ask for to bring a new improved version of us every time.

    There is no time to sit still or take back steps as you’ll either never get there or people over take us, I love the push to be better every day it’s fun to me

    Hey Meg👋 The tissue you’ve gained since last competing is nothing short of incredible! 🙌 Given that you’ve been in this game for a while, what do you think has been the biggest change/factor to have made this possible? x [/quote]

    Training execution and intensity, she is training harder than ever and her accuracy is getting better. This along with being a total machine with recovery modalities and adherence in general. [/quote]

    Yep I can see that. You guys are a dream team, no denying that! It’s very inspiring seeing what’s possible when everything is aligned 👏👏👏 [/quote]I think the biggest realisation in 2020 when I first took a step onto the figure stage is that I was SO small as much as I looked ok for a girl at my gym. I didn’t in the pro ranks.

    I knew everything needed to become better / training, eating (chosen plan food and offseason food), my routine and life needed to be solely focused on this – having time for balance but not going out each week drinking and eating with friends.

    Since this progression has been better – it’s the application of it all. Some people can get away with not having to, I can’t, so I have to do this to make progress. I’d probably not be any different if I “had it” anyway but yes this was my realisation

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 23, 2022 at 6:25 pm in reply to: Physique update

    Your physique looks to be building well – obviously your pics don’t show us your lower body but the upper seems to be building well.

    Keep on working hard and remaining nice and consistent and I’m sure with your commitment starting so young you’ll be looking better and better in time to come

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 23, 2022 at 6:23 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Hope you’re all good

    A rest day for me well spent – massage – client call – work – cinema trip with Kuba

    Very much looking forward to a good nights sleep ready for push tomorrow – another day closer to show day, how exciting

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 23, 2022 at 6:22 pm in reply to: Road to Pro

    Hey guys!

    Rest day for me today! We was supposed to be celebrating our friends wedding, but at this point in prep it would only make us feel worse. So we opted out and went for a coffee together will a spot of shopping to keep ourselves busy.

    Everything done and boxed off by 4pm, we have watched extraction and it’s been great to just sit and do nothing.

    No cardio again this morning, steps only 🙂

    I will pop some pics below from this am’s check in. Tomorrow is upper so I’ll update you all with some post workout pictures as I look totally different when it’s not fasted, pre fluid.

    Woooow

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 22, 2022 at 7:11 pm in reply to: Training hit a wall

    So firstly are you a power lifter? Or just enjoy doing the conventionals for strength goals?

    If you’re aim is to build the physique for sure you could opt for movements that feel a little better for you.

    But it could have been a case of trying to whack on way too much weight all at once and just coming to a halt as you don’t have the muscle and strength to support that yet?
    In this case you could reset to the start and take smaller increments

    Or look to change and do what I said above start at a lower weight aim to add a small lot of weight or reps as you go.

    I’m a small lady + this off-season I added biscuit plates and progressively added in small amounts each time it allowed my strength to continue all of the 6 months doing my program –

    Sometimes you can find a dip in strength when fatigue is super high too so may could be that and a deload needed?

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 22, 2022 at 7:06 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Happy Friday 🙂 hope you’ve all had a great week

    A good week here and a big weight drop this morning, my weight isn’t a million miles away from where we predict show weight will be, we will run a little few days of higher foods as condition pulls through a little more, this way we can really be on top and in control of the condition.

    I loved my condition back in 2020 for both shows, obviously I really didn’t have enough muscle mass at all then but condition was something I was really proud of. We were ready early and able to manipulate things and feel really great on show day. This year Kubas planned things super well and I’m just excecuting as needed and I’m really looking forward to being really really lean but with my added tissue. It’ll be a look that I will be proud of for sure – that’s all we can ask for to bring a new improved version of us every time.

    There is no time to sit still or take back steps as you’ll either never get there or people over take us, I love the push to be better every day it’s fun to me

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

Page 198 of 376