Forum Replies Created

Page 199 of 376
  • Meg

    Member
    July 21, 2022 at 5:44 pm in reply to: Reverse dieting

    A reverse, a rebound – it’s just a term used for post a diet phase when you take the foods up, bring down the expenditure, get your energy back in a good place, get recovery back in a good place to the be able to push back up into a full push up phase. If you went full pelt into ALL the training volume and heavy eating post show you’d gain lots of body weight/fat quick and end up in a worse place recovery wise than after show – so it’s a mid way phase to get you back to homeostasis before you push fully

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 21, 2022 at 5:37 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Happy Thursday all

    I don’t know about you all in the UK but it was so good to get outside and feel some rain on my skin 😂 we may be a little over dramatic here but we literally have zero air con anywhere so when it’s hot, inside our houses is stifling!

    Hope you all have had a lovely day – todays been a rest day – posing, walking, chiro, saw Pheobe and Jade this afternoon and back home to finish off work and early for bed 🙂

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 20, 2022 at 5:21 pm in reply to: Cyclic dextrin vs rice.

    I agree with Jordan here I don’t think there is anything more superior than an other source as long as it’s a clean source.

    But if you’re hungry opt for food to keep you a little more satiated

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 20, 2022 at 5:19 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Pull day here today – a solo session as Katie has a quick trip back home to see her family. I missed her greatly, I think sometimes it can throw people a little when they go from having that person around to suddenly not, see I’m used to training alone and I don’t mind it at all, but I much prefer training with Katie, so will welcome her back with a cuddle when she’s here.

    A very progressive session, some of the weight rises on movements actually shocked me – I went into detail on some why my switch on for training the last few weeks has been a little better and I just feel so good in there for that!

    Rest day tomorrow, having a massage on my Saturday rest day so that will be fun

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 19, 2022 at 5:57 pm in reply to: Coaching Help

    Hey!

    Like the ladies said it depends what they informed you response times would be – it seems the norm at the moment for lots of coaches to take longer than 24 hours to reply to check ins so unsure of what response times would be for additional questions between that.

    May be worth speaking to the coach to understand the why behind it and if you aren’t happy with that look to change.

    Personally I’d reply the day of. But I make sure I don’t have too many clients that I can’t keep to that

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 19, 2022 at 5:54 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey All

    Push Day today – what a super session in the gym. Making sure my work is done and phone away for the 30 mins prior to setting off to the gym allowing me to really zone my mindset for training well. And my performance has been super the last week so happy with that, especially as we are getting much leaner

    I posed face to face for kuba this AM I’ve not done this in the morning for quite some time I think probably the last time was last years show, done some post training but not too much during this offseason in front of him and he is happy. I think my condition shows a little more in person and I’d like to think he’s happy with progress.

    No changes again after check in today – so push on from here

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 18, 2022 at 4:06 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Rest day here today and a BIG weight drop
    From yesterday to today so I felt a little fragile this morning haha!

    A coffee in a was ready to go.

    Had a super day trying on bikinis with Babet my bikini sponsor (divas fitwear) I love the one she has created and I cannot wait to wear it soon on stage.

    I posed for her also as I haven’t for around 12 months and she was happy with progression – she’s a hard lady to please so it was really nice for her to have nice things to say.

    Onto push tomorrow and I can’t wait for it!

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 18, 2022 at 4:03 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    🔥🔥🔥

    🙏🏼

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 18, 2022 at 4:01 pm in reply to: Leg Day Nausea

    Hey!

    I get pretty knocked with feeling nauseous post a leg day most of the time.

    Mostly when in a surplus – if you’re eating so far away definitely not an issue with timing of it

    What do you eat pre? Anything different to your other sessions that may not be digesting well?

    Anything different with your intra workout drink? That may not be settling well

    What pre do you have before legs? Maybe too much caffine for pre legs?

    I find trying to do 2 squat sets a little much when I am really leaving nothing left in the tank. I don’t find leg press as taxing so don’t think the 2 sets there are an issue but perhaps just doing one squat set?

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 17, 2022 at 6:28 pm in reply to: Anxiety problems!!!

    Hey Rob

    Sorry to hear about your loss I get it totally, the dogs are like family, children – probably even better than people so it’s a hard loss to handle!

    Has the anxiety started just since the loss of was it prior too? Ashwaganda is great the halycon is super too. Time is a healer with this. But I do agree with Louis that if the goal isn’t to compete taking some time away from the supps that can also have a little negative effect on your thoughts and psychological well being may be a good idea. To be able to deal with everything with a clearer mind x

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 17, 2022 at 7:01 am in reply to: The Evolution

    And check in Sunday here too.

    BW is down a half a kilo over this week again – still holding onto some nice fullness and condition is pulling through nicely now too.

    Performance so far has been holding well my last session in pull I felt really strong so hoping this run continues!

    I haven’t updated on my show plans as we weren’t certain due to some shows being made just for naturals or masters this year that weren’t currently SO I am 8 weeks out (yesterday) I will do the Sasquatch Pro over in Washington and then to the Arnold’s which would be 2 weeks later at 10 weeks out for that!

    Kuba is happy and we continue to push – no diet changes, no assistance re-added until 4 weeks time so that will be fun 🙂

    Pics of current are below 🙂

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 17, 2022 at 6:56 am in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    So yesterday was the MK Classic 2bros regional over in Wigan – so Kuba and I went for the whole day.

    Was so good to be amongst so many other athletes we’ve not had a show in the north for some time and to see so many past, present and upcoming athletes in one room was FUN!

    A good day for our clients too! Gave some goodie bags out which had some TBJP nutrition products in (Lucky winners haha)

    Just a super day!

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 15, 2022 at 6:47 pm in reply to: Rohm clen efficacy

    I’m in agreement with Jordan here – unless the first time and first tab I take doesn’t give me super jitters it’s not the one

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 15, 2022 at 6:45 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Push Day – first day I chose to take a little regression on my press took it down my 5kg total just to make sure it felt good as the warm ups felt a little heavy but managed to go above rep range so will go up again next time

    Was super happy with performance today

    Session went as follows

    Prime lateral – single arm

    Atlantis press

    Strive press

    Flat press

    Single cable lateral

    Neutral push down

    Pull day tomorrow and it was nice to have Katie back wooo x

    It was good to be back 🥳[/quote]
    ❤️

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    July 15, 2022 at 6:45 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Happy Friday All

    Pull Day here 🙂 was a fun session really fun session.

    Felt a little low on energy coming into the session but actually felt very strong as I started to warm up so a real progressive session

    My sleep had been a tad shitty for a couple of nights but last nights was super so felt much better this AM

    We are down to checking in every 2 days now as things are moving QUICK was happy with shots this AM will update when there is more to show on a difference in condition for you all

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

Page 199 of 376