Forum Replies Created

Page 202 of 376
  • Meg

    Member
    June 29, 2022 at 5:53 pm in reply to: Optimum timing of pre workout meal?

    If the last meal pre bed isn’t a good choice for you then don’t do that!

    I would say an hour before and then head off to train – gives you time to get your stuff together, wake up and get to the gym

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 29, 2022 at 5:51 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys!

    Hope you’re all good

    Training day today – was a fabulous push session 🙂 progressed on all things I added an extra 10kg to my press for more reps they felt good I just was a little shallow on a couple watching the vid back so see how I feel next time with regards to progression.

    Mid Week check in also – my weight is up a little from a couple days ago, the look is better I am leaner and a little fuller also so both happy with the position right now

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 28, 2022 at 6:09 pm in reply to: Am I behind – Push harder?

    I do think based on the pics a little closer you’re in a good place for 11 weeks out – if things are still moving well and recovery / fatigue is in a good place there isn’t need for a refeed or high day IMO

    Use these tools only when needed

    I do also agree with what the guys have said above

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 28, 2022 at 6:05 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Rest day here today a really productive day – I didn’t get time to go and see my friend for my nails painting but still a good day

    Was nice to see my client today for an in person check in its cool to work with people of so long and help them unlock the potential they had hopes of having but knowing full well they have it in them when you chat to them.

    This years going to be really exciting as a coach and also as an athlete

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 27, 2022 at 6:28 pm in reply to: Knowing when to refeed or do a cheat meal

    I would do as the guys say above for the week an baxk odd the expenditure maybe worth running a devolume and some extra rest days to really kick start the diet off again.

    I’d keep the clen in no need to pull this

    When you go back into your surplus aim to keep body composition a little more sensible as 40lbs is a large bit of weight to shift especially as there is still a bit to go to be lean lean – it’ll allow your diets to be a lil nicer and will keep you grow phases now productive for a little longer too

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 27, 2022 at 6:23 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey All

    Hope you’ve all had a good day

    A normal Monday of working in the morning – lots of clients busy getting into the groove of prep or coming close to shows which is always really exciting.

    Then to Manchester for hamstrings – what an incredible session – strength is still holding and climbing as BW comes down I feel a tad more fatigued towards the end of the session but nothing that’s having much of a detriment to my sessions.

    Rest day tomorrow which will be a day of working, studying and then pampering with my nails from my bestie Jayde 💕

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 26, 2022 at 6:16 pm in reply to: Loose skin removal

    I agree with Hilly here

    I’ve had a few clients post child birth or post a large weight loss that want to go to stage.

    Most we’ve been able to rectify through dieting a really slow reverse keeping body composition really sensible and dieting again

    You’re looking fabulous and I think mentally you’ll feel it looks worse than it is as you are aware of it – I look at you and your physique as opposed to your skin

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 26, 2022 at 6:12 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Rest day for me- full body massage this morning got me feeling amazing! Excited to be having regular treatments now.

    Then an afternoon of posing and seeing my friend @phoebegoodwin

    Tomorrow will be hammie day and really looking forward to seeing what we can do in the gym tomorrow

    Really happy with my check in pics today – starting to see some changes in condition which is just lovely

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 25, 2022 at 9:39 pm in reply to: Severe water retention after holiday

    I agree with Hilly here – I’d aim to have a little sharp mini cut.

    Having bloods ran to check kidney and liver function post a heavy weekend will show where things are at but they won’t be in the most optimal place post that

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 25, 2022 at 9:36 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Happy weekend All

    Pull day today – a super busy day at the gym so a struggle to get on some equipment that we usually use for our session so bad to adapt a little. I like my routine of sessions and how they run so may need to look into training times to make sure sessions can flow how they need to.

    A rest day tomorrow – some work and other bits to catch up on before a surprise done by my fiend for my birthday, eternally grateful x

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 24, 2022 at 6:11 pm in reply to: Gaining phase and still hungry

    Some people can just eat and continue to get hungry.

    It’s not a negative for bodybuilding but definitely have to go on the visual and weight feedback over your hunger signalling or like you say you’ll pile on too much too quick

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 24, 2022 at 6:09 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Hey Guys

    Back in the gym for push today – last 1 or 2 sets depending if I had 2 or 3 sets usually set for the exercise.

    Todays sets felt absolutely incredible – some good pumps whislt I was training so definitely feeling super

    Can’t wait for pull tomorrow with Katie – it’s been lovely for that extra push in sessions with Katie and formed a super friendship alongside which is awesome too. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we don’t but just focus on getting strong together

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 24, 2022 at 6:05 pm in reply to: The Evolution

    Shots looking class Megs! Big year 🎯

    Thank you Nathan 🙏🏼

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 24, 2022 at 9:31 am in reply to: Rotate stalled exercises in cut?

    I agree with Clare – any free weight movements I’d switch up quite early on in a prep to have more stability.

    But I’d either drop load and still shoot for rep range or aim to match rather than swapping as re learning movements or adding in new at this stage is a real risk to injury so have to be sensible x

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

  • Meg

    Member
    June 23, 2022 at 6:00 pm in reply to: Daily vs weekly step goals

    I agree with Phoebe – but then I also think if I’m consistent daily in comp prep then why not in an offseason?

    Perhaps not doing as many as 25k daily would be ideal but having a good amount in for consistency and active recovery is a must imo

    Don’t just do them all Monday to Friday and do nothing over the weekend aim to still keep activity in a good place for your digestion and recovery

    Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO

Page 202 of 376