Meg
Forum Replies Created
-
Hey – if arms are an area that you need
To bring up obviously a little more volume around them would be ideal – doing triceps on your push day and biceps the pull is great.Why don’t you also end your leg sessions with an exercise for both too. This way it won’t affect your session and you’ll definitely have enough in you to do your arms.
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I’ve never changed the way I train when in an aggressive fat loss phase – as with any time you’re training you have to listen to your recovery with devolumes, deloads if needed – I wouldn’t ever change the way I train – I think the only time things ever really change is the last week of your show prep x
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey Guys
Hope you’ve all had a good day
Pull day for me today – was a great session really really positive 2 days with progression.
Tomorrow is check in day so will let you know if any changes at all.
Have a super busy week ahead with client getting ready for shows can’t wait for it xx
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
To also add to Kubas post above not allowing the elbows to drive back as they come down but more to stay on line with the ribcage to keep shoudlers and elbows safe also
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey Guys
Hope you’re all good
A rest day here for me today – a really good day – work and education done in the morning – I’m doing a nutrition and training/biomechanics course so nice to get the brain waking. In the afternoon I went horse back riding so much fun
Tomorrow will be back in with push can’t wait for it – another day to be a little better than the last 🙂
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I really agree with max here I find lots of unilateral work really does help to create better stability for the most part
Looking at foot placement also to ensure it’s in the right place for you – we are all build different and have to adapt and position ourselves in different ways to have a movement feel good – perhaps trialling them a little higher to see if it feels a little better and still allows you to hit the right depth and bias that you’re trying to hit xxx
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hope you’ve all had a great Wednesday.
Hamstrings day over in Manchester today – was a really great session lots of progression in the session – everything felt amazing and just an all round fabulous time
It’s nice to sometimes break away from the usual gym – FLF is great as has good atmosphere but a little less busy which is really nice to just get the head down and crack on!
Rest day tomorrow – a little back rub is on the card after heavy hinges and rows
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I’m 3 days you aren’t going to loose muscle – I understand how much of a stress it can be going away when you’re used to and like your own routine.
You can take all food on an airplane and if it’s just for 3 days then I’d probably just take the 3 days of foods with me if you are having to stick to your diet if your on a cut or something.
If you’re in offseason allow for an off plan whilst your there to spend some down time with your loved one 2 meals out of normal plan and add in the off plan
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey All
Rest Day for me today.
A nice morning of posing at the gym with @phoebegoodwin I’m very certain of my I walk now just a case of keeping practising it each day to make sure it’s super sharp!
Then an afternoon of working, spending time with Kuba and seeing my parents.
A nice day and very ready for hams tomorrow we will head up again to Manchester so will be a fun day!
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey Guys 
Pull day today – had some really great progressions in the session today – my last back movement felt a little harder and less powerful than normal but still made sure form stayed bang on still took a progression but just felt a little harder.
Having a posing lesson with Pheebs tomorrow – she is going to be helping me with my I-Walk for this year we’ve got the solid foundations but need to work on my actual walking and my flow a little more to ensure I present well on stage. Kuba pretty much rolls and adapts my poses to make sure all is on point and I run my drills daily morning and post workout I’d training 🙂
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I’ve had super different post show feels from all fronts – I think each one can always be a little different
I find my body last year wanted to sleep a lot – there was a lot of fatigue and mental fatigue that built during my prep last year for lots of different reasons so it definitely hit post show when I allowed my body to relax a little. The important thing is listening to your body if you need to sleep do – aim to keep your sleep routine bang on even if you want to sleep more in the morning get up it’s easy to get lazy post show and in offseason – allow for a 20 mins nap in the day so it doesn’t affect your sleep at night if you can and your tiredness will sort itself out after some rest, devolume sessions and a little more food from your reverse plan.
Getting blood work done soon to check all is ok too to be sure
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I’d be more inclined to use something/a handle that is shoulder width over a v-grip. The alignment is just way better. The v-grip leaves things very cramped and in most cases super bicep focused also
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I find drinking a little more water on the plane, moving pre, intra and post flight. Keeping myself cool on the plane by not wearing anything too warm and making sure I’m well rested by having some sleep on the plane really helps.
Making sure you’re well prepared for the plane to rescue stress keeps things a little less prone to water retention
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey All
Hope you’re all good!
Busy day yesterday as I had to set up, tidy up for the team meet but it was a super success lots of people in one room from so many different backgrounds with one mutual thing in common just a simply incredible day – really proud of what Kuba and I have built with the coaching team so far and can’t wait for the future with it too.
Push day today was fab! All exercises felt good – good progressions in ways in all sets so I’m happy – some little feedback from kuba for next time which I’ll get to work on.
Bloods came in today and EVERYTHING was super incredible so I’m really looking forward to getting deeper into prep too. We will to keep regular checks to make sure all is running how it needs
Check in went super well
Today too everything is on track so very happy with it – just feel stress free, ready to attack it allMeg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
A good old density day used to be one of my favourites – but as both my back and lower back of the legs were a huge focus I split them fully to put a true focus on both.
What is your main focus? Or is it both of both id probably aim to start one session with the hams, your hinge and then your back and then the other way round for the next session – especially if you want to really focus on both as towards the end of the session you will fatigue a little naturally so that’s how I’d base the order for each rotation
With your extra quad day – I wouldn’t you’d hit legs 2 days prior or Hams the day after that’s not enough recovery time
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO