Meg
Forum Replies Created
-
It’s something worth a try if any of your anxiousness is linked with your cortisol feeling and being super high. I find it really helps for me especially post a session or post work on a rest day.
Other things that help me are journaling, walking – things to help clear my mind x
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey All
Hope you’re well
Leg day for me today some great numbers hit and really happy with performance.
Today was the day my bestest friend got engaged and it was amazing to be a part of it. Some wedding plans for him now!Tomorrow will be a a normal Monday of training and working
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey All
Rest day for me – a morning of client work, zoom and a couple of client face to face check ins!
We’re getting super close to the busy part of the season and lots of athletes on the team are getting ready to step on stage for the first time
What an amazing but nerve racking feeling! Can’t wait for it.
Currently no changes with me and my set up of drugs, training or food
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
It definitely does work on your own biomechanics as to where you’d put your feet just obviously if you’re biasing your quad you don’t want the feet high and wide or narrow and high or you won’t bias your quads.
For me you want to go as low as your body allows without your hips lifting, ankles and knees being happy
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hope you a all had a good day.
Today was a usual work day then went to see a venue for the team meet as the original one wasn’t big enough for the amount of team members we have coming between the 4 of us. It will be a great day for them!
Then I had my eyes tested as they’ve been horrendous so I have to wear glasses now all the time, oh dear
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Which one feels best for you?
The plate loaded for me feels super nice unless loading in the lengthened due to my knee.
But go with what feels best for you.
With regards to your loading part of the question you can’t compare each of these machines in loading – it’s super different
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I like my hi top vans or converse – I like my shoes to be flat with not much sole. The vibrams just hurt my toes, especially in offseason!
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Yesterday was a rest day – managed to sled some time with family and friends around working.
Works pretty busy at the moment which is something I really enjoy – so many incredible people I get to speak to day to day. Some that do things away from fitness totally, some of their stories abs things they do are so inspiring, it’s nice to be surrounded by people from different walks of life, the different points of views, different mindsets, just amazing
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
The best thing I find to help sleep is the pre bed routine – if you don’t have a routine pre bed then you’ll struggle to wind down. Your body likes to know what’s going on so even just like a couple of set things you do will get your body ready for it. Hot shower, brush teeth, a little reading?
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I agree with Jordan, nothing is essential. Any food you don’t like don’t use, there are lots of foods you will like that you can use! So stick to those.
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Managed a good pull day yesterday – one of the machines was out of use so had to adapt the upper back row into the cables for the session, I like to stick to similar movements if I swap and this felt just right so always good to feel that post session.
Tomorrow some clients will come for a check in and for some posing help, always nice to help first time competitors!
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
When you have a shift in the norm for you, it will feel difficult. Obviously for you going from something super active to super sedentary, I don’t think it’ll mostly be the drop in cals that have caused the hunger pangs to be so elevated but the fact you’re now sat with a little more time to think about being hungry.
Protein is always the thing that makes me feel
a tad less hungry in a diet phase more so then carbs. So I wouldn’t pull the protein for that reason as well as the smarts max adds above.Opt for some more filling meals like oats, cream of rice and get through the diet with the mindset of – I choose to do this
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
All weights are raw uncooked
M1 –
50g salmon
60 carb ( 2 English muffins ) 20g avocado
100g veggies
20g iso
100g berriesM2
100g steak
100 g pasta
100g’pineapple
100g greensM3 pre
100g steak
120 rice
100g pineapple
100g BananaIntra
20g eaa
30g cyclic dextrose
200ml coconut water
200 ml pomegranateM4 post
120g cor 60g whey iso 150g berriesM5
100g steak or salmon
75 g rice
100g spinach
75g peppers 25g mushroomsM6
2 whole eggs 100g beans
200g sourdough
100g berriesRest day
M1
100g steak
100g spinach
75g peppers
75g mushroomsM2
100g chicken
60 carb bread
50g avocado
100g veggies
75g peppers 75 g mushroomsM3
30 g iso
100g oat mix
20g dark choc
150 berriesM4
120g prawn 80 rice
100g green beans
50g avocado
50g mushroom 50g peppersM5
100g salmon 80g rice
100g peppers 50 mushroomsM6 shake and blend
30g iso
20 g almond butter
75g oats 100g berriesMeg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey Guys
Check in day yesterday saw a good increase – I will add my current foods below. Everything else remains as is
I’ve struggled a little with my monthly cycle since my show last year so working hard to regain that on a consistent monthly basis currently. Life post bodybuilding to me is important, rbis doesn’t mean I won’t give me all but life post it is very important to me also.
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO