Meg
Forum Replies Created
-
Morning All
Happy Sunday.
Normal full check ins for me today so my weight is now down to 66.8kg I’m pretty hungry and look much tidier too.
I will add my pics below.
Another comp day for one of my clients today – my youngest client at just 18 years old, she will be one to watch for the future. Can’t wait for her to get up there today x
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Happy Saturday
The first 2bros show of the season today with two athletes in. Really proud of them both, massive progress since the last time both of them stepped on stage.
A restful day for me – ready for pull tomorrow then the big hams the day after!
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I always find if I have an already problematic area that post a massage I actually feel a little worse post a massage.
I do find keeping on top of regular mobility + therapy that it helps keep the big issues from coming as frequently.
I also make sure I have treatment on a rest day not on a training day otherwise I feel awful in the gym too! Even if I had it late evening I wouldn’t train the next day
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey Chris
I’m in a pretty similar position to you at the moment being in a diet phase.
I find eating my pre a little earlier post training helps massively. Also when my foods a little lower I don’t wait as long between eating my pre and training so may be worth for you to trial both these too?
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hello everyone,
Hope you have a great Friday.
Another little lower weight today – obviously I don’t want to spend a long time in a deficit so cal drop was larger than an initial first prep drop – to make sure I don’t get overly fatigued from it but get appetite back and get body nice a ready for another big push.
I’m really looking forward to taking some pics Sunday to see how it’s looking
Push day today – my next push session I will train with Olivia Gravengaard (WPD Pro from the States).
I have an instant click with Liv without meeting her in person yet because I feel on a level with her mindset and outlook. Going to film it for YouTube so can’t wait x
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I think max covers the questions well.
It’s great you drop the sleep early – do you stress a lot? Do you have things on your mind? I find sometimes that can keep me up or wake me.
This is why I like to journal pre bed to do all my actions for the next day.If it’s the wee situation perhaps stopping your large water in take a good couple hours pre bed may help
If you’re dropping to sleep straight after waking I wouldn’t worry over it too much
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Good Morning All.
Todays the first day I’ve woke up in a little while and felt super ready to get after my day.
I do love my oura but when it tells me how shit my sleep is it annoys my brain. Anyway through some fatigue drop and weight drop (LOL) I’ve felt great waking.
Today I’ll go back to full volume with Legs, really looking forward to getting my head phones in and smashing it out xxx
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey,
Given that digestion, recover, training have all taken a hit I would for sure say you need to run a deload.
I do feel your past being able to just devolume to bring yourself back around so the 3 rest days should really help. I think being honest with yourself here is hard but also the only way you can move past this to keep progression coming. I would be subject to go back to training after those rest days with a devolume approach thus doesn’t need to just be a “set” volume decrease you can reduce volume (and theiugh that fatigue) by lowering loading and intensifiers (if you have) also. The movements which have stalled I would most definitely reset.
After running a good 4-5 sessions with lower volume I would then return to full vol – all out trying to progressively overload your lifts but being sensible with progressions and hitting over rep range it doesn’t matter you can just increase load again a little the next time.
The main point here is not being greedy. If the lifts you’ve been running for a long time still aren’t progressing I would then opt to change this movement for a like for like. As it would be unwise IMO to completely change things here given the actual set up has only been running for 16 weeks.
Hope this helps… p.s. I know how hard it is to take the “rest” but it’s so necessary
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Hey Sam
When it was incorporated into my training split I ran it as push, density,rest,legs,rest,repeat.
I found I recovered nicely from this and hit everything needed for that time to bring up my physique.
It’s now split into dedicated pull (back focus) and dedicated hams (where my hinge sits) as I need a large focus on both and allows me to make the both out of both sessions. Rather than fatiguing leading into the back portion or the hams portion (I hope this makes sense)
I still see my split as a push pull leg just a modified version of it
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
So…
My deadlift used to be horrendous – the best thing I did for it was strip it back down and really focus on my bracing and positioning + overall form.
There is no point in keep on trying to whack on loads of weight where there is something stopping you from being able to do so.
Now I have all the above corrected I’ve been able to make little progressions in reps and load on the same hinge for the past year
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I do find the bike more taxing than the treadmill
But it depends what cardio your doing as if I had to get my HR up to 120-130 bpm even with an incline so personally I’d opt for the bike in this instance
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
First check in on the mini cut today and down nearly 2 kilos down in 3 days lol.
Really happy with it – I will add some pics below.
Rest day for me today – lots of admin work to do, will be hitting up legs tomorrow so I have no cardio today.
I just have 10 mins of stairs to do each rest day except for pre leg day and as I’d been on a devol hadnt had any so looking forward to getting back to it.
Hope you all have a great day
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
I don’t track water that goes in my COR or oats – I do when I’m in my final week of comp prep when I do my carb up and my water intake is really specified.
Probably more from my OCD than actually needing to do so.
But honestly in the offseason or prep I wouldn’t over think it so much with this
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
Happy Monday
Hope you’ve all had a great start to the week
A great morning of work – exciting that it’s comp season again. Lots of competitors competing this year which will be awesome.
The first 2 Bros show this weekend where I have 2 clients competing so I’m excited for them to show there best yet!
Push day in the gym – had the 32s for 9 today the last 2 reps were a little rusty but I’ve never ever pushed anything past 30 before. So I’m excited to see it rise. I’ll keep it at that next rotation to get the last few reps a little tidier and aim for a 10th rep too. Rest of the session was fab and felt super strong in there
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO
-
It’s super hard to say as all peeps are really different
Unfortunately with bodybuilding we do have to “push” a little sometimes
With this being 2 weeks out it says to me either prep didn’t start in a good enough place with body composition, food level etc so having to push hard throughout or an issue with adherence so having to push super hard
Or perhaps the rate of loss/movement has slowed and instead of looking at fatigue or recovery (which can hinder the progress) they have just decided to push harder.
Starting prep in a super ideal position will stop things having to go this low, there will be tough times and digging times but perhaps not as low as 500kcal
Meg Sylvester IFBBPRO